Mr. Owais Hasan Khan started working as an Assistant Professor of Law with National Law University Odisha from January 2017. He is presently pursuing his doctoral studies from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata in the area of regional integration in South Asia under the aegis of SAARC.
He graduated in law, B.A LL.B (Hons.) degree from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh in 2011 and completed his Masters of Law degree from National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad in year 2013.
He has published number of scholarly research articles in different national journals of repute and participated in various national and international conferences and seminars. His research interest lies in Personal Laws, Law & Religion, Law of Contract and International Trade Laws.
Before joining National Law University Odisha, Mr. Owais Hasan Khan was working as Assistant Professor of Law at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad since June 2013.
- Research Interests: Regional Integration in South Asia, Matrimonial and Personal Laws, Law & Religion and Law of Contract
- Subjects Taught: Personal Laws, Law of Contract, International Trade Law, Foreign Trade and Law of Carriage
- 2017: “International Anti- Money Laundering Regime and India”; CNLU Law Journal Vol. VI, 2016-17
- 2016: “Interface between Antidumping and Competition Law”; Bharti Law Review Vol. IV issue IV, 2016
- 2016: “Combating Climatic Change: A SAARC Perspective”; Journal of Centre of Environmental Law, Vol.1, 2016
- 2014: “Indo-Bangladesh Trade Agreements: A critical Appraisal”; Law Mantra Law Journal, Volume 1 Issue 9, 2014
- 2012: “Investors’ right in the exploration of outer space: Emerging legal issues” CASL, NALSAR (Centre for Air and Space Law) Newsletter Vol. 4 June 2012
- 2012: “Politics of Indo-Pak Trade” M.K.NAMBYAR SAARCLAW Newsletter, NALSAR, Hyderabad, Issue 1 June 2012
Seminar/ Conferences/ Workshops:
Research Paper Presentation:
- 2017: “Rethinking the Role Of SAARC as a Supranational Institution: With Reference to River Water Sharing in South Asia” — ‘International Conference on Water Sharing in SAARC Region: Legal Issues and Challenges’ by M K Nambyar SAARCLaw Centre, NALSAR, University of Law, Hyderabad, March 25-26, 2017
- 2015: “Transfer of Technology in International Business” — ‘National Seminar on Law, Science & Technology: The Way Forward’ by Nirma University, Ahmedabad with Department of Science & Technology Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, 30-31 January, 2015
- 2014: “Combating Climate Change: A SAARC Perspective” – “International Conference on Strengthening Climate Justice Initiatives: Livelihood Challenges at Local Level with a Focus on Farmers” organized by Nirma University, Ahmedabad with National Council for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Public Leadership during 8-9 November 2014.
- 2013: “Indo-Bangla Trade Relations: A Critical Analysis” – ‘International Conference on Regional Economic Cooperation in SAARC: Problems and Prospects for Investment’ organized by NALSAR, University of Law, Hyderabad during April 5-6, 2013.
- 2012: “Politics Of Indo-Pak Trade : A Model For Change” – ‘UGC-SAP Seminar on India’s Security Policy Shifting Paradigms & Emerging Frontiers of Cooperation’ organized by Pondicherry University, Pondicherry (Co-sponsored by Public Diplomacy Division Ministry of External Affairs of India) during 26-27 March 2012
- 2009: “Sec.377 vis-a-vis Homosexuality: Public Opinion, what went wrong with it and changing trend” — National Seminar on New Dimensions of Law: Growth and Relevance organised University Institute of Law, Punjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab) held on Oct.22-23,2009
- 2009: “Human Right Enforcement Mechanism in India : An over-view of its working and efficiency” — Student Seminar on Contemporary Dimensions Of Human Rights, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 22nd 2009
- 2014: “One Day Workshop on Understanding Gender” organized by Women Development Cell, Nirma University, Ahmedabad on 27th December 2014
- 2013: “National Workshop on Liberalization and Privatization of Space Activities in India: Emerging Legal Issues” Issues organized by Centre of Air and Space Law, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad during April 12-13,2013
- 2013: “National Workshop on Science, Technology And Legal Education for the Future” organized by IBA-CLE Chair, National Law School of India University and the Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training held at NALSAR, Hyderabad during 28th Feb to 2nd March 2013.
- 2009: “Thirty-Eight Annual Conference on International Law” organised by The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi, 17th-18th March, 2009
- 2008: “Golden Jubilee Thirty- Seventh Annual Conference On International Law” organised by The Indian Society Of International Law, New Delhi, 29-30th March, 2008
- 2007: “National Seminar on Delay in Administration of Criminal Justice System” organised by The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi on March 17th