Ms. Arjyalopa Mishra
Assistant Professor of Management
Phone: +91 671 2338014 – 2338017, Ext. 5029
Arjyalopa graduated in Sociology with a First Position from Ravenshaw University in 2005. Subsequently she completed her Masters in Sociology from University of Hyderabad with Merit in 2007. Her interest in the corporate, business and society prompted her to further pursue her Management degree from Utkal University with merit in 2009. She has also done her M.Phil in the topic â€œComparative Analysis of Community Development in the Public and Private Sectorâ€ from Utkal University in 2010.She is currently a research scholar at the Department of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, Utkal University. She is presently working in the area of behavioral sciences and Managerial Psychology which will enable her to attain her PhD degree. She has been awarded the Post Graduate Scholarship by Hyderabad Central University and also the prestigious University Rank Holder Award from UGC. She holds an equal interest & talent in dance and other cultural activities. Her concerns for society related issues made her reasonably competent and do an in depth study in related areas of research and consultation and present papers at various State and National level conferences. She is an avid writer and her numerous articles give insights to various areas like HR, land acquisition and CSR. She has also published articles in leading newspapers and magazines like the Hindu, Indian Express, The Telegraph, Frontline and India Today. She is conversant with administering the psychological tests on achievement motivation to identify a group of dedicated young people to commence their enterprise through the process of business incubation.
SALIENT PROJECTS, PUBLICATIONS, SEMINARS
• May 2014: Authored and presented a paper on “A Critical Analysis of the Constitutional provisions of Labour Laws “organized by the Department of PMIR, Utkal University later published in the book on “Human Relations in Industry Issues and Challenges” published by the Himalaya Publishing House. ISBN : 978-93-5142-641-7
• May 2014: Authored a paper titled “ Creating Shared Value, A CSR Initiative published in the first issue of NLUO JOURNAL ISSN- 23488913
• April 2014: Coordinated the First Management Development Programme of National Law University, Odisha on Industrial Relations and Labour Laws from 12th April 2014- 14th April 2014. The MDP saw participation from Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, Tata Steel, TRL Refractories Limited, IFFCO & NALCO.
• Dec 2013: Presented a paper titled “Transformational Leadership and its effect on Organizational Commitment, the mediating Effect of trust” at the 7th Doctorial Colloquium, IIM Ahmedabad from 9th Dec 2013-13th Dec 2013.
• Dec 2013: Presented a paper titled Leadership and its effect on Organizational Effectiveness at the 3rd Indian Academy of Management Conference 2013 at IIM Ahmedabad from 14th Dec 2013 -16th Dec 2013.
• May 2013: Authored and presented a paper“ Transformational Leadership and Productive Engagement” at the International conference on Leadership issues and challenges organized by the Department of PMIR, Utkal University later published in a book “ Corporate Leadership Issues and Challenges” ISBN: 978-93-5097-694-4
• April 2013: Participated and Presented the Course outlines of Managerial Psychology and HRM at the Faculty Development Programme Organized by National Law University, Odisha from 29th April- 4th May 2013
• January 2013: Authored a book “Management Development for Technological Change” used as a text for MBA 3rd semester, Sambalpur University, DDCE. ISBN 978-93-259-6578-2