SINGH, Yogesh P (Dr)
Associate Professor of Law
(Currently on Deputation as Deputy Registrar, Supreme Court of India)
|Ph.D. (NLUO, Cuttack) 2014,
LL.M. (NLSIU, Bangalore) 2007,
LL.B. (University of Allahabad) 2005
|email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|+91 11 23111457 (Ext. 1457)
Yogesh Pratap Singh received his LL.M. (with specialization in Human Rights Laws) from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and LL.B. from the University of Allahabad. His doctoral thesis titled “Contribution of Dissenting Opinions of Indian Supreme Court Judges to the Indian Legal System: A Critical Evaluation” is recognized as a significant contribution to the understanding of voting patterns of judges in the Supreme Court of India. His book titled “On Judicial Dissent” is accepted for publication by Thomson Reuters. He participated in the 39th Annual Session on International Human Rights Law organized by International Institute of Human Rights (IIHR) Strasbourg, France. Dr. Yogesh has also been part of Ciedhu programme in France conducted for University Teachers.
Prior to joining National Law University Odisha in 2009, when it was established, he was part of the founding team of KIIT Law School, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar. Dr. Singh has also worked as a Legal Researcher in the Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK), Dehradun. He has presented numerous papers on constitutional, social and legal issues at various national and international seminars. He constantly writes in the field of law in reputed law chronicles, national and international law journals. Yogesh also writes for the general public, contributing recurrently to The New Indian Express, The Statesman, The Tribune, Deccan Herald, The Wire etc. He is currently on deputation to serve as Deputy Registrar in the Supreme Court of India.
Teaching and Research Interests
Constitutional Law, Comparative Constitutional Law, Judicial Process, Criminal Law, Law of Tort, Human Rights and Jurisprudence.
1. “On Judicial Dissent” will be published by Thomson Reuters (Sweet & Maxwell) Publication. ( In press)
2. Protection of Refugee Women in Present International Legal Regime: A Study:” Published by LAMBERT ACADEMIC PUBLISHING HOUSE, GERMANY. ISBN- 978-3-8383-7408-6.
3. Death of Constitutionalism: Indian Experience” co-authored with Prof. Faizan Mustafa, the Vice-Chancellor of National Law University, Orissa. (In Process).
1. Dissenting Opinions of Judges in the Supreme Court of India” co-authored with Dr. Afroz Alam and Akash Chandra Jauhari Published in Economic and Political Weekly (EPW), ISSN No. 2349-8846.
2. Nirbhaya Verdict: Issues and Ramifications, published in NLUO Law Journal, Vol. I May 2016, ISSN No. 2348-8913.
3. The Endangered Institution (of Governor): Problems and Prospects” Published in Rostrum Law Review, an Online Journal, Volume 4 Issue II, 2017. ISSN 2321 – 3787
4. Democratic Decentralization in the State of Uttar Pradesh: Experience, Emerging Concerns, Challenges and Prospects Published in RMLNLU Volume 7 (2015). ISSN No.
5. Environmentalism: Conception and Misconceptions published in Journal of Enviro-Legal Research and Advocacy published by National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam.
6. A Critical Study of Debt Recovery Tribunal in India, published in “Journal of Banking and Insurance Law” Vol. I Oct. 2015.
7. Access to Justice: A Critical Study of Supreme Court Rules” published in NLUO Law Journal, Vol. II August 2015, ISSN No. 2348-8913.
8. Supreme Court of India: Leaning in favour of Capitalist Class? Review of Glocal Studies, Vol.2 Issue I, 2015. ISSN No.2347-5072.
9. “Judicial Recusal: Setting Cannons of Governance in Judiciary” accepted for publication in Amity International Journal of Juridical Sciences. (ISSN 2395 -4019).
10. “The Human Right to a Sustainable Environment: Implications and Paradoxes in South Asian Region” published in Journal of Campus Law Center (JCLC) of University of Delhi, Vol. III: 2015. ISSN: 2321-4716.
11. “Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act: An Instrument to bring Social Transformation” published in 2nd International Interdisciplinary Conference proceedings on Inequality, Vulnerability and Violence” organized by IPRA on 1st-2nd February 2015 in Nagpur. ISBN No. 978-81-926818-1-8.
12. The Essence of Due Process in the Constitutional Jurisprudence: Indian Experience, published in NLUO Law Journal, March 2014, ISSN No. 2348-8913.
13. The Plight and Experience of Chakmas as Internally Displaced People & Refugees: An Investigational and Analytical Perspective, co-authored with Mr. Amit Yadav, published in E-journal of NLSIU, ISSN No. 2348-8913.
14. Comparative Federalism: Testing Indian Constitution on the ten Yardsticks of Ivo D. Duchacek, published in Comparative Constitutional Law & Administrative Law Quarterly (CALQ), published by National Law University, Jodhpur.
15. Anti-Defection Law: The Need for Reappraisal, co-authored with Prof. Kumar Kartikeya, published in Journal of Christ University, Vol. 1, p. 63. ISBN No. 978-81-922281-7-4
16. Human Rights: A Neverland Published in a Book “Human Rights in 21st Century: Changing Dimensions Edited by Gurdip Singh and V K Ahuja and Published by Universal Law Publishing House Co. Pvt. Ltd. ISBN- 9789350351666 [ Review published in The Hindu appreciated the article] See: http://www.thehindu.com/arts/books/article3675215.ece.
17. Refugee Women: Protection under Present International Legal Regime as a chapter in a Book ‘Gender Justice & Women Empowerment’ published by Radha Publications Ltd. New Delhi. ISBN- 81-7487-702-9, 978-81-7487-702-4
18. “Sustainable Development: Notion and its working: A Comparative study” as a chapter in a Book ‘Environmental Law and Climate Change’ published by SBS Publishers Ltd. New Delhi. ISBN- 13-9789380090160.
19. The President of India: Relocating His Position in the Constitution, published in National Law News, A Quarterly Law Journal (ISSN: 0976-4305), Vol. 13-14, Year 4, April 10-Sep. 2010).
20. Judicial Independence and Accountability in India, published in Legal Mirror (ISSN: 2454-6216), Vol. 1, Issue 4, 4, June 2016).
21. Rameshwar Prasad & Others (VI) v. Union of India (2006)2 SCC 1: A Critique, Co-Authored with Mr. Kumar Karthik, Assistant Professor of Law at KIIT Law School, Bhubaneswar, published in National Law News, A Quarterly Law Journal (ISSN: 0976-4305), Vol. 13-14, Year 4, April 10-Sep. 2010).
22. Privatization of Higher Education: Constitutional Perspective, published in Journal of Interdisciplinary Policy and Research (JIPR), Nagpur.
CONTENT WRITING (UGC E-Pathshala on Advance Jurisprudence)
1. “Ronald Dworkin: An Encounter with Legal Determinacy” for the E-Pathshala Project on Advance Jurisprudence under the ages of an MHRD project under its National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT).
2. “Judicial Process and Precedential Mechanism in India” for the E-Pathshala Project on Advance Jurisprudence under the ages of an MHRD project under its National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT).
1. Part of Editorial Team of Supreme Court of India that prepared “Subordinates Courts of India: A Report on Access to Justice (2016)”.
2. Part of Editorial Team that prepared “Annual Report” of the Supreme Court of India for year 2016.
ARTICLES IN NEWSPAPERS
Columns in leading national news dailies such as The Statesman, The Tribune, Deccan Herald, The New Indian Express etc.
1. “Disregarding International Law” published in The Statesman on 27th April 2017. See the link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1186144/Statesman-Delhi/27-04-2017#page/14/2
2. “High Way Liquor Ban: A Judicious Overreach” published in the New Indian Express on 21st April 2017. See the link
3. “A Law Only in Name” published in The Statesman on 13th April 2017. See link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1169317/Statesman-Delhi/13-04-2017#page/14/1
4. “Making Enemies Retrospectively” published in The Statesman on 6th April 2017. See link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1161226/Statesman-Delhi/06-04-2017#page/14/1
5. “Real Estate Law To Make Sector More Organized” published in Deccan Herald on 24th March 2017. See link http://www.deccanherald.com/content/602835/real-estate-law-make-sector.html
6. “Pressing Need to Amend” published in The Statesman on 23rd March 2017. See link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1145285/Statesman-Delhi/23-03-2017#page/14/2
7. “With the law Above You” ” published in The Statesman on 16th March 2017. See link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1137296/Statesman-Delhi/16-03-2017#page/14/2
8. “Lawyers for a Cause” published in The Statesman on 23rd February 2017. See link http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1114547/Statesman-Delhi/23-02-2017#page/14/1
9. “A Let down by Governor” published in Deccan Herald on 11th February 2017. See
10. “Budget Just Before Elections Deceitful, Unethical” published in Deccan Herald on 12th January 2017. See http://www.deccanherald.com/content/591003/budget-just-elections-deceitful-unethical.html
11. “Law, Morality and Indian Politics” published in The Statesman on 12th January 2017. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1068336/Statesman-Delhi/12-01-2017#page/14/1.
12. “To Little Time To Much To Do” on the appointment of Chief Justice of India published in The Statesman on 5th January 2017. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1060488/Statesman-Delhi/05-01-2017#page/9/1.
13. “Making Indian Arbitration Popular” published in The Statesman on 29th December 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1052547/Statesman-Delhi/29-12-2016#page/14/1.
14. “Is Centre’s Notes Ban Legal?” published in The New Indian Express on 23rd November 2016. See http://epaper.newindianexpress.com/1011382/The-New-Indian-Express-Chennai/23-11-2016#page/10/1.
15. “Making a Case for Demonetization” published in The Statesman, November 24, 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1012558/Statesman-Delhi/24-11-2016#page/9/2
16. “The Press in Peril” published in The Statesman, November 17, 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/1004344/Statesman-Delhi/17-11-2016#page/14/2.
17. “If Hinduism is a Way of Life, So are Islam and Christianity , or Any Other: Supreme Court must Revisit Hindutva Verdict” published on Sabrang India Online Portal. See https://sabrangindia.in/article/if-hinduism-way-life-so-are-islam-and-christianity-or-any-other-sc-must-revisit-hindutva.
18. “LG-AAP Govt. Slugfest: The Dilemma of Delhi” published in Deccan Herald on October 13, 2016. See http://m.deccanherald.com/section.php?url=/content/576709/lg-aap-govt-slugfest-dilemma.html&secid=28&p=1.
a. The article was re-published by Live Law. See the link: http://www.livelaw.in/constitutional-dilemma-delhi/
19. “Time for Courts to Step In” published in The Statesman, October 20, 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/973934/Statesman-Delhi/20-10-2016#page/14/2
20. “Cauvery Issue: Politics Scores Over Reasons” published in The Tribune, October 04, 2016. See
21. “The Cautious Dissent” Published in The Statesman, September 22, 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/944313/Statesman-Delhi/22-09-2016#page/14/2.
22. “Needed in Judiciary, Cautious Dissent” published in The Tribune, edit page September 16, 2016. See http://epaper.tribuneindia.com/938036/Delhi-Edition/NCR_16_September_2016#page/9/2
23. “Muslim Personal Law and Its Nuances” published in The New Indian Express, edit page September 08, 2016. See
24. “Governance Begins with Governors” published in The Statesman, September 1, 2016. See
25. Mistrust Between Judiciary and Executive is Taking Its Toll on Institutional Legitimacy” published in The Wire; See http://thewire.in/60605/mistrust-between-the-judiciary-and-executive-is-taking-its-toll-on-institutional-legitimacy/
26. “The Council of States: A Victim of Politics” published in The Statesman, June 16 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/820939/Statesman-Delhi/16-06-2016#page/14/2
27. “A Crisis in Indian Judiciary” published in The Statesman, May 26 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/820939/Statesman-Delhi/26-05-2016#page/14/2
28. Bypass Surgery Through Money Bill published in the Statesman, April 28 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/791814/Statesman-Delhi/28-04-2016#page/14/2
29. Freedom of Dissent and Constitutional Morality published on Live Law. See http://www.livelaw.in/freedom-dissent-constitutional-morality/
30. Article 356: A Dead Man Walking? Published in the Statesman, February 18, 2016. http://epaper.thestatesman.com/724839/Statesman-Delhi/18-02-2016#page/14/2. & http://www.livelaw.in/article-356-dead-man-walking/.
31. In the Absence of Numbers, Published in the Statesman, January 21, 2016. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/698606/Statesman-Delhi/21-01-2016#page/14/2
32. Azeez Basha: A Ghost Roving Around the Corridors of Aligarh Muslim University” Published on Live Law on 19th Jan. 2016. See http://www.livelaw.in/azeez-basha-a-ghost-roving-around-the-corridors-of-aligarh-muslim-university/
33. The Constitution’s Forgotten Article, Published in the Statesman, November 05, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/631993/Statesman-Delhi/05-11-2015#page/14/2.
34. Condemned To Helplessness, Published in the Statesman, September 10, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/584888/Statesman-Delhi/10-09-2015#page/14/2
35. Parliamentary Crisis, Published in the Statesman, July 09, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/538635/Statesman-Delhi/09-07-2015#page/14/2
36. Madam Speaker Sir! Published in the Statesman, June 11, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/518657/Statesman-Delhi/11-06-2015#page/14/2
37. At Least Free Speech is Safe. Published in the Statesman, April 30, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/489976/The-Statesman-Kolkata/30th-April-2015#page/16/2
38. A Ghost Haunts Parliament (Eminent Domain vis-à-vis Land Acquisition Law). Published in the Statesman, March 19, 2015. See http://220.127.116.11/thestatesman/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2015-03-19&edcode=820009
39. “Whither Constitutional Bodies” (Demise of Planning Commission Published in the Statesman, January 15, 2015. See http://epaper.thestatesman.com/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2015-01-15&edcode=820009
40. “Demise of Dissent”. Published in the Statesman, November 27, 2014. See http://18.104.22.168/thestatesman/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2014-11-27&edcode=820009.
41. “Subverting the Constitution. Published in the Statesman, November 6, 2014. See http://22.214.171.124/thestatesman/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2014-11-06&edcode=820009.
42. “Is the President a Glorified Cipher? Published in the Statesman, October 16, 2014. See http://126.96.36.199/thestatesman/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2014-10-16&edcode=820009.
43. “Retired/Rehired Judges” Published in The Statesman, September 25, 2014. See http://188.8.131.52/thestatesman/epapermain.aspx?pgno=16&eddate=2014-9-25&edcode=820009.
44. “Merits of a Reflective Judiciary” Published in The Statesman, September 04, 2014. See http://www.thestatesman.net/news/30462-i-am-not-hearing-this.html
45. “I am not Hearing this” Published in The Statesman, Dec. 19, 2013. See http://www.thestatesman.net/news/75417-merits-of-a-reflective-judiciary.html
ARTICLES IN MAGAZINE
Columns in a Magazine “Saphalta” published by Amar Ujala Group meant for Civil Service aspirants.
1. February 2016 Issue: “Uniform Civil Code.”
2. November 2014 Issue: “Demise of Dissent in the Supreme Court of India.”
3. October 2014 Issue: “Council of Ministers vis-à-vis Cabinet: Subverting the Constitution.”
4. September 2014 Issue: “National Judicial Appointment Commission: A Critical Evaluation”.
5. August 2014 Issue: “Constitutionalism”.
6. July 2013 Issue: “Special Status to State of Jammu & Kashmir: Issues and Implications.
7. June 2013 Issue: “Trans-genders in India: The Legal Environment”.
8. May 2013 Issue: “Anti-Rape Law: A Welcome Move”.
9. April 2013 Issue: “Right to Information: Rebirth of Democracy in India”.
10. March 2013 Issue: “Reservation in Promotions: Affirmative Action or Reverse Discrimination”.
11. February 2013 Issue: “Abolition of Capital Punishment: A Sincere Request”.
12. January 2013 Issue: “Comptroller and Auditor General of India: A Toothless Tiger”.
13. December 2012 Issue: “Anti-Defection Law: The Need for Reappraisal”.
14. November 2012 Issue: Judicial Activism Vis-à-vis Judicial Adventurism: An Experience of Indian Supreme Court.
15. October 2012 Issue: Assisted Reproductive Techonology Bill, 2010: An Attempt to Legalize Surrogacy.
16. September 2012 Issue: Status of the President in Indian Constitution: A Relook.
17. August 2012 Issue: The Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2012: Fulfilling a Long Overdue.
18. July 2012 Issue: Right to Food: Realization through Food Security Bill.
19. June 2012 Issue: The Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at Workplace Bill, 2010: Milestones and Challenges.
20. May 2012 Issue: Foreign Education Institutions Bill: A Boon or Bane.
21. April 2012 Issue: The Right to Education Act, 2009: Reality or Illusion
22. March 2012 Issue: The Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence (Access to Justice and Reparations) Bill 2011: A Critical Evaluation in the Light of Federal Character of the Constitution.
23. Feb. 2012 Issue: Access to Justice: Approximating “Is” to “Ought” through Gram Nyayalaya Act, 2008.
24. Jan. 2012 Issue: Land Acquisition and Relief and Rehabilitation Bill 2011: Prolongation of Colonial Legay.
25. Dec. 2011 Issue: Judicial Independence and Judicial Accountability: A Critical Study of Judicial Standards and Accountability Bill 2010.
26. Nov. 2011 Issue: Civil Society in India: A Vehicle to Bring Social Transformation.
27. Oct. 2011 Issue: Lokpal: The Proposed Indian Ombudsman.
28. September 2011 Issue: The Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) in India: The Surgeon, It Seems Requires Surgery Himself.
- Third Party line compliance monitoring to assess compliance level ith enforcement of Sections 4 and 6 of COTPA’ in the five districts of Odisha for HRIDAY (Health Related Information Dissemination Amongst Youth) under a grant from the Bloomberg Initiative.
- “Access to Justice” programme sponsored by UNDP in collaboration with Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra” (RLEK) in the State of Odisha.
- Human Rights Lawyering programme sponsored by UNDP in collaboration with National Law School of India University Bangalore.
Participation in International/National Conferences and Guest Lectures
1. Participated and Presented a paper on “Constitutional Vision and Privatization of Higher Education: Twin Issues of Social Justice” in International Conference on Socio-Economic Justice After Seventy Years of India’s Independence: Domestic and Global Challenges organized by Delhi University, Faculty of Law held from 18-20th November 2016.
2. Participated and Presented a paper on “The Paradoxes of Indian Saga of Development: The Judicial Perception” in 11th NAPSIPAG International Conference on Asian Governance: Paradoxes of Development” in Dhaka, Bangladesh organized by NAPSIPAG in association with Policy Research Centre, Bangladesh held from 5th -7th Dec. 2014.
3. Participated and Presented a paper on “Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act: An Instrument to bring Social Transformation” in 2nd International Interdisciplinary Conference on Inequality, Vulnerability and Violence” organized by IPRA on 1st-2nd February 2015 in Nagpur.
4. Participated and Presented a joint paper with Prof. Faizan Mustafa (Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Orissa) on “Abolition of Death Penalty and Failure of Rarest of Rare Doctrine in India” in International Seminar on Relevance of the Indian Penal Code in Combating and Controlling Crime in Modern Age organized by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow, from 14-15th Dec. 2010.
5. Participated and Presented a paper on “Telemedicine: Legal Dilemmas” in 6th International Conference of the Telemedicine Society in India organized by SCB Medical College, Cuttack under the aegis of Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Orissa held from 14-16th Nov. 2010.
1. Presented a paper on Restorative Justice vis-à-vis Capital Punishment: A Critique of Rarest of Rare Doctrine” in National Seminar on Restorative Justice, organized by Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia University New Delhi on 18-19 February 2017.
2. Presented a paper on E-Commerce vis-a-vis Consumer Protection: Contemporary Issues, Challenges and Opportunities” in National Conference on Consumer Protection and New Age Challenges, organized by National Law University Delhi on 19-20 February 2016.
3. Presented a paper on “Democratic Decentralization in the State of Uttar Pradesh: Experience, Emerging Concerns, Challenges and Prospects” in National Seminar on Two Decades of 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act (Panchayat Raj): Experiences, Issues, Challenges and Opportunities with Special Reference to Uttar Pradesh, organized by Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow on 5-6th Feb. 2016.
4. Presented a paper on “Privatization of Higher Education: The Constitutional and Pedagogical Paradoxes of the Political Economy of Higher Education in India” in National Seminar on Privatization of Higher Education and Social Justice organized by Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Central University, Lucknow on 16-17 Nov. 2015.
5. Presented a paper on “Why Do Judges Dissent: Theoretical Underpinnings” in National Workshop-cum-Conference on Judicial Dissent: A Conceptual and Contextual Audit of Decision Making in the Supreme Court of India” jointly organized by Glocal Law School and Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra Dehardun, from 4-5 April 2015.
6. Participated and Presented a paper on “Dissenting Opinions of Indian Supreme Court Judges in Indian Legal System: A Critical Evaluation” in National Conference on Judiciary, Ethics and Justice Delivery in India jointly organized by National Law University, Orissa and Institute of Objective Studies New Delhi, from 21-22nd Jan. 2012.
7. Participated as a delegate of National Law University, Orissa in a three-day Indo-US Education Conclave 2011 organized by The Alliance for US India Business (AUSIB), State Legislative Leaders Foundation (SLLF) & Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pune (DPU) from 5th -7th December 2011 in Pune.
8. Participated and Presented a joint paper with Mr. Kumar Kartik (Assistant Professor of Law at KIIT Law School, KIIT University) on “Anti-Defection Law: The Need for Reappraisal” in National Conference on Indian Constitution in the 21st Century: A Conceptual and Contextual Audit” organized by School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore, from 24-25th Feb. 2011.
9. Participated and Presented a joint paper with Dr. Afroz Alam (Assistant Professor of Political Science, National Law University, Orissa) on “Social Equality through Affirmative Action: Indian Perspective.” In XXXVI All India Sociological Conference organized by Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, Orissa from 27-29 December 2010.
10. Presented a paper on “The Right to Development and Right against Displacement” in a National Conference jointly organized by Indian Economic Association (IEA) and KIIT University Bhubaneswar.
1. Participated in 39th Annual Study Session (30 June-25 July 2008) of International Institute of Human Rights (IIHR) Strasbourg, France.
2. Participated in Ceidhu (Certificate course for University teachers) conducted by IIHR Strasbourg, France.
3. Successfully completed two week “8th South Asian Teaching Session in “International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law” conducted by the International Committee of Red cross (ICRC), UNHCR and NLSIU, held at National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
4. Participated in 5 day “International Workshop on Forced Migration” Organized by the Jamia-Milia-Islamia University.
1. Participated and presented a paper on “Role of Media to Disseminate Information that Promotes Minorities Social and Moral well-being in Broader Sense” in workshop organized by Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra Dehradun and sponsored by Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India on 3rd December 2016.
2. Participated in Faculty Development Workshop organized by National Law University, Odisha during 29th April 2013 to 4th May 2013.
3. Participated in a two day State Consultative Meeting on the Draft Disability Bill of 2011 in Bhubaneswar from 10-11 March 2011.
4. Participated in Government of India (Staff Selection Commission) Workshop on Question Bank on Law-Phase I organized by Staff Selection Commission in Kolkata on 18th Nov. 2010.
5. Participated in a Workshop on “Water Rights” Organized by the SWARAJ, a non-governmental organization and National Law School of India University Bangalore.
1. Chaired a “Session on Need For Reforms in Personal Law” in a National Seminar on Reforms in Personal Law organized by ILS Dehradun on 8th April 2017.
2. Invited by Amity Law School, Noida as resource person in National Seminar cum Training Programme on “Human Rights-Towards Equality” in collaboration with the National Human Rights Commission on 28th February 2017.
3. Invited by National Judicial Academy Bhopal as resource person in Colloquium on Art, Science and Craft of Judging for Newly Elevated Judges of the various High Courts on 10-11 December 2016.
4. Invited by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Academy of Social Security to deliver lectures on “Natural Justice and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings” on 27-29th July 2016.
5. Invited by National Judicial Academy Bhopal as resource person in Conference to Resolve Cleavage in Judicial Pronouncement by Different High Courts (29th April-1st May 2016) organized for High Court Judges.
6. Invited by Voice of Humanity to deliver a talk on “Recognition of Aligarh Muslim University as a Minority University under Article 30 of the Indian Constitution” at Indian Law Institute (ILI) New Delhi on 27th Feb. 2016.
7. Invited by Faculty of Law ICFAI University, Dehradun to chair a session in the National Seminar on Juvenile Justice.
8. Invited by National Judicial Academy Bhopal to deliver lecture in workshop on Access to Justice organized for principal district/sessions judges (November 13-15 2015).
9. Resource person at National Academy of Custom, Excise and Narcotics (NACEN), Faridabad for the training of IRS Probationers.
10. Invited to Judge the Semi-Finals and Final of ICFAI University National Moot Court Competition.
11. Invited as Speaker in the National Seminar on “News in the Age of Digital India & Social Media” Organized by The Times of India in association with SUCUB PR Services on July 18, 2015 in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
12. Invited by NALSAR University of Law to deliver lectures on Constitutional Law.
13. Judged the Semi-Finals Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition organized by National Law University Odisha.
14. Invited to deliver lectures on Refugee Law and Humanitarian Law at Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra, Dehradun.