BARIK, Sudatta (Ms)
Research Associate cum Teaching Assistant
|+91 671 2338014 – 2338017, Ext. 5021|
Ms Sudatta Barik has always been a librarian in her methods to adapt herself to the ever increasing volumes of knowledge in the vast field of law. Having completed her B.A.LL.B (Hons) from Madhusudan Law College, Cuttack, Odisha and Masters in Law from Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D from National Law University Odisha, Cuttack .Before joining NLUO, she was practicing as Advocate at Orissa High Court as well as working as Visiting Faculty at Madhusudan Law College, Cuttack, and Odisha. Since the beginning of 2014, She has shifted her focus from practicing law to a fresh genre of teaching at the National Law University Odisha, Cuttack as a Research Associate cum Teaching Assistant. She has served at various offices of law with good credentials at work, both as an intern and employee. Having a fetish for acquiring as much practical experience as possible, She has juggled between various offices of renowned law firms of both state and the nation. She has attended innumerable court proceedings before the Orissa High Court, High Court of Delhi, Patiala House Court, New Delhi and the Supreme Court of India and Lower Courts and Tribunal too. She has a fair knowledge of working under tremendous pressure round the clock on critical issues. She has participated in many Moot Court Competitions, presented paper on few subjects like family law, environmental law, Juvenile justice etc in seminar and Conferences and internship in many Law firms like Parekh & Company, Fox Mandal. She has also attended many training on Faculty Development Programme, Contract drafting, Entrepreneurship. With a tremendous appetite and desire to work towards the welfare of the University. She sees a bright future for herself and her association with whichever organization she works with indeed promises to be a productive venture. Subject being taught: Consumer Law, Legal Entrepreneurship, RTI Laws, Election Laws and Infrastructure Laws
Professional Experience:• She was practicing as an Advocate in Orissa High Court, Cuttack for 2 years in the office of Gautam Mukherji & Associates,Advocate,ORISSA HIGH COURT so also practicing in Civil Courts ,Debt Recovery Tribunal , Labour Courts, Consumer Courts and in other Judicial forums. I am well acquainted with drafting , pleading , research work .• She was teaching as Visiting faculty in Madhusudan Law College, Cuttack for 1 year.Area of specialization: Corporate LawsArea of Interest: Corporate Laws, Criminal Laws, Consumer Laws, RTI Laws, Legal Entrepreneurship
Conferences/ Workshops/ Training Programs Organized or Attended:
Conference Seminar and Workshop Attended:
• March 26, 2006: Presented Paper on “Inter Country Adoption: Problems and Prospects” sponsored by UGC held at D.S Law College, Kendrapada, Odisha.
• November 2006: Presented Paper on “Juvenile Justice” a State Level Seminar held at Madhusudan Law College, Odisha.
• February 10th-11th, 2007: Presented Paper on the topic “Ecological Balance and its Relationship to Life Support” in National level conference on “Relevancy of law as an instrument for protection of Environment” held at Dhenkanal Law College, Odisha.
• March 31st, 2008: Presented Paper on the topic “Environmental Law and Sustainable Development” held at G.M Law College, Puri, Odisha.
• September, 2008: Attended a National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Crime” held at Punjab University, Chandigarh.
• March 9th, 2011: Attended a One day Seminar cum Panel discussion on “Women and Children Rights in India” organized by Hidayatullah National Law University in association with UNICEF.
• December 21st – 26th December,2013 -Participated in the Training Programme on “Contracts Negotiation, Management and Dispute Resoluntion” in Odisha organized by National Law University Odisha, Cuttack from 21st Dec – 26th Dec,2013
• March 29th,2014 – Participated in “Faculty Development Programme on Corporate Governance Issues” organized by The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata on 29th March,2014
• 2nd December -13th December,2014 – Participated in the “Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship” from 2nd Dec – 13th Dec 2014 Organised by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India sponsored by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board(NSTEB),Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
• Attended a Training Program for 15 days Organised by National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) on “Entrepreneurship Development Programme”
Organised Seminars and Workshop:
• Conducted a Field Study Under the Centre for Consumer Rights at Kendrapada. Apart from that, prepared a detailed Case analysis and research work on Consumer rights relating to Seeds ,getting Compensation to the farmers,etc.
• Organised a One day Induction Programme by International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) Under the Centre for Criminal Law and Human Rights on “Humanitarian and Refugee Laws”
• Organised a One day Capacity Building Workshop on “Expanding Horizons of Agriculture and Laws” Organised by Centre for Outreach and Research in Agriculture & Laws (CORAL) on 14th February,2015 .