TRIPATHY, Rangin P (Dr)
Assistant Professor of Law
|PhD (NLUO, Cuttack) 2015, LLM (NLSIU, Bangalore) 2010,
BA LLB (ULC, Bhubaneswar) 2008
|+91 671 2338014/15/16/17, Ext. 5027|
Dr. Rangin Pallav Tripathy has been teaching at National Law University Odisha since 2010. He completed his Ph.D from National Law University Odisha in the area of judicial performance evaluation and statistical profiling of judges. He completed his B.A. LL.B (Hons) from University Law College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and LL.M from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore.He has several publications in referred journal to his credit in the area of judicial appointments, access to justice and judicial performance evaluation, defining misbehaviour as a ground for removal of judges, doctrine of consideration, rational choice theory in criminal behaviour, rights of victims, rights of refugees etc. He has also authored a book titled ‘Rights Without Law’ dealing with the power of the Supreme Court to implement norms of international law in its domestic jurisdiction.He is currently associated with two projects from Department of Justice in the area of judicial reforms. He is also engaged by the Odisha Judicial Academy as a Consultant for preparation of research materials for Induction Trainees and Judicial Officers in refresher programmes and also regularly conducts lectures for judicial officers of different cadres. He has participated in several national seminars on various topics including surrogacy, role of Indian judiciary, judicial performance index, performance evaluation of teachers, right to information and juvenile justice.
Research Interests :
Access to Justice
Comparative Judicial Reforms
Legal Aid and PIL
- Rights Without Law, 2010, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 1st Edition, Saarbrücken
Publications in Referred Journals
- “Comparative Analysis Of The Consultative Process In Appointment Of Judges”, RMNLU Journal Vol. VII 2015.
- “Access to Justice and Judicial Performance Evaluation” NLUO Law Journal, Special Edition on Access to Justice (Vol. 2 Issue 1) 2015
- “Defining Misbehaviour for Removal of Judges: The Logical Fallacy and Necessary Politicisation” NIRMA University Law Journal Vol. 5 Issue 1 2015
- “The Demise of Consideration”, NIRMA University Law Journal, Vo. 3 Issue 1 2013
- ‘Promoting a Notion of Refugee Protection: Role of Religion as a Value Influence on Law’ (2012) 3 (2) GNLU Law Review
- “A cause without a Voice: Right of Victims to Participate in Criminal Proceedings”, AILJ, 2010
- “Human Rights: A Neverland” in in Gurdip Singh & V.K. Ahuja (eds) Human Rights in 21st Century– Changing Dimensions Universal Law Publications, New Delhi (Co-Author) 2012.
- “Constitutional Deficiencies in Redressal of Violations of International Human Rights Obligations in India” in International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges (2010 RGNUL).
- Co-Investigator in the Department of Justice Project on ‘A Comparative Analysis of Performance Appraisal Mechanisms and Schemes of Promotion in relation to the Judges of Subordinate Judiciary in different States in India’ being implemented by National Law University Odisha.
- Co-Investigator in the Department of Justice Project on ‘An Analysis of the Functioning of Look Adalats in the Eastern Region of India’ being implemented by the Odisha Judicial Academy in association with National Law University Odisha, Cuttack.