MITTAL, Nachiketa (Dr
Assistant Professor of Law
|+91 671 2338014 – 2338017, Ext. 5031|
Subject being taught: International Commercial Arbitration, Alternative Disputes Resolution, Code of Criminal Procedure, Banking Law, Interpretation of Statutes, Law of Evidence and Environmental Law.
Professional Experience:Dr. Nachiketa Mittal joined NLUO in October 2011 with substantial experience as a law professional. He has been engaged in empirical social research and grass-root legal empowerment in highly reputed and internationally renowned civil society organizations for a period of more than three and half years. He has been associated with Ashoka’s Law for All Initiative (India chapter) in the capacity of a Senior Associate to provide technical legal support to social entrepreneurs making legal intervention on public policy and social issues. Nachiketa has also been a Project Coordinator with Rural Litigation & Entitlement Kendra (RLEK). During his stint at RLEK, Nachiketa coordinated diverse legal research, filing of RTI and extensive legal drafting on filing of PILs. He also coordinated Access to Justice Project supported by Dept. of Justice, GoI and UNDP across 15 districts in the states of Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Nachiketa has also completed traineeship in the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute, London and was awarded IBA’s Charitable Scholarship for the same.
Bachelor of Socio-Legal Sciences (B.S.L.)- Y.C. Law College, University of Pune (2004)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)- Y.C. Law College, University of Pune (2006)
Master of Laws in Human Rights (LL.M.)- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (2008)
Ph.D. in Law (Gram Nyayalayas)- National Law University Odisha (2016)
Area(s) of specialization:
International Commercial Arbitration, Mediation, Gram Nyayalayas, Lok Adalat, Banking Law and Criminal Procedural Law
Area of Interest:
Diverse aspects of international trade and dispute resolution mechanims, conflict of laws vis-a-vis arbitrating international invetsment disputes, access to justice in teh light of localised dispute resolution methods.
Selected Conferences/ Workshops/ Training Programs Organized or Attended:
- Visiting faculty, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Aacdemy of Social Security, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Governmnet of India.
- Organised National Conference on ‘Financial Inclusion for Socio-Economic Empowerment’ in collaboration with Deptt. of Finance, Govt. of Odisha, State Bank of India and NABARD (October, 2015).
- Attended- SIAC New Delhi Conference- “India’s Progressive Approach Towards International Arbitration- How Far Have We Come?” (September, 2015).
- Presented Paper on “Dissenting Opinion in Arbitration Cases”, National Confernece on “Judical Dissent: A Conceptual and Contextual Audit of the Decision Making in the Supreme Court of India”, Glocal Law School-Glocal University, Saharanpur (April, 2015).
- Organised- National Symposium on ‘Disability Rights & Equality’ in collaboration with Govt. of Odisha (April, 2015).
- Attented- Arbitration Certificate Course, National Law School of India Unievrsity, Bangalore (February, 2015)
- Panel Speaker in the International Conference on “Enhancing Business Opportunities in Africa: Role, Reality and Future of Africa related Arbitration”, Atlanta International Arbitration Society, Georgia, USA (November, 2014).
- Panel Speaker in the International Conference on “Foundation of the Law of Evidence and Their Implications for Developing Countries”, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, USA (November, 2014).
- Guest Lecture on “Arbitration in India”, The International Law Society of the University of Toledo College of Law, Ohio, USA (November, 2014).
- Organised Bankers’ Training on NPAs in collaboration with the State Bank of India (April, 2014).
- Traineeship, International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute, London (2008).