Research Associate cum Teaching Associate
|LLM (Swansea University, UK), 2016;
B.F.A( Chandigarh University), 2013
BSL.LLB (ILS Law College, Pune), 2012;
Pallab Das completed his LLM from Swansea University, United Kingdom on an International Excellence Scholarship, 2015 with specialization in International Commercial and Maritime Law and his BSL.LLB from ILS Law College, Pune and was ranked 8th in Pune University. He has written many articles and also assisted in writing a book “Justice for Women: Legal Compendium” (2015), Odisha State Commission for Women, Government off Odisha, India.
His areas of interests include, International Maritime Law, International Commercial and Investment Arbitration, Air Law, Evidence Law, and Transfer of Property Act. Prior to joining NLUO, he practiced in High court of Orissa and also worked as a Civil Judge, Odisha Judicial Services. He is a qualified Westlaw UK researcher.
Presently, he is working as a Research associate cum Teaching Assistant and teaches Maritime law and International Commercial Arbitration, teaching the undergraduate students and is in charge of the Centre for Maritime Law at NLUO.
Pallab is a keen observer and believes in perfection. He enjoys creative writing, aspiring to be a writer, dance being his passion. He enjoys travelling and exploring different cultures.
Research Interests :
Maritime Law, International Commercial Arbitration, Investment Treaty Arbitration, Mental Health Law, Legal Research.
Maritime Law, International Commercial Arbitration and Legal Methods.
Adv. Bibhu Prasad Tripathy and Pallab Das, “Justice for Women: Legal Compendium” (2015), Odisha State Commission for Women, Government of Odisha, India.
Journals and Articles:
- Pallab Das and Isha Tyagi, “An Insight on Corporate Criminal Liability” (2011), Lawz Magazine 2011, India
- Pallab Das, “Authorship for Deadly Law” (2015), Libertatem Magazine, New Delhi, India, 2015
- Pallab Das and P.Padhi, “Sentencing Disparity in India: Need for Comprehensive Sentencing Guideline” (2015), Deadly Law-Libertatem Magazine, New Delhi, india, 2015
- Pallab Das, “Arbitration: An Alternative to Litigation” (2015), Libertatem Magazine, New Delhi, India, 2015
- Pallab Das, “Transgender: A Legal Myth” (2015), Libertatem Magazine, New Delhi, India, 2015
- Pallab Das,“Should Surrogacy be allowed in India” (2015), Libertatem Magazine, New Delhi, India
- Attended the National Colloquium on Emerging Paradigms And Challenges In Interdisciplinary Legal Research – IIT Kharagpur